Friday, July 30, 2010

Why do teenagers keep their relationship from their parents?

I'm fourteen, and I don't have a boyfriend, but if I did I would probably tell my parents about it. My seventeen year old sister has a boyfriend and he comes over all the time. Parents should know about things like that, but it isn't necessary. If it's only been a couple days or weeks I probably wouldn't tell my parents, but if I was serious about it I would tell them.Why do teenagers keep their relationship from their parents?
Sometimes teens think their parents won't understand or that their parents will be angry. Or they may think that it's none of their parents' business and want some privacy. They may be embarrassed or confused or they may even simply not think it's that big of a deal. A big part of this is on the parents' shoulders, as well. If parents have striven to create an honest, open relationship with their children, then their children are more likely to talk about these things. My girls are pretty open with me and they're teenagers, one has a 'boyfriend'!Why do teenagers keep their relationship from their parents?
With me, it was because my mom went through the ceiling over the stupidest things. If she didnt like something someone did or said or the color of their clothing that day I wasnt allowed to talk to them anymore. Or she always wanted to fix my problems with my friends for me by calling up their parents and telling them just what their horrible child did to her perfect daughter.





Eventually I just learned that if I didnt tell her stuff, I didnt have to deal with all that crap.
in my case my dad was very abuseive %26amp; my mom was weird , my mom wouldnt have told my dad, untill i didnt do what she asked, but what she ask was a bit ridiculous,


if i had told him he would have beat me %26amp; if i had told him he was of another race the beatting would have been worse
My mom and I have always been very close throughout my teen years my father on the other hand, has always been verbally abusive, he NEVER listens to anything I say, and if you asked him what I liked he couldn't respond. I'm 19 now and we have a bad relationship.
cuz most parents dont want their teens making out or having sex or having a bf at all an if u tell ur parents u hav a bf then right away they think ur having sex. oh and also when they want to meet the guy thats kinda weird and u hav to let them meet them or else there like well y dont u want me to meet him is he bad parents r just so judgemental %26amp; questiony thats y most teens dont tell there parents
Because they think it's none of their parents' business what they do...until trouble(pregnancy, STD, etc.) strikes. Then they don't want their parents mad about it.
Teenage years are when you commonly think your parents are old and don't understand anything, so it is not uncommon that teens won't share things like that with their parents
I'm a teenager and I'mjust embarrassed to talk to them about it. It would be awkward lol :)
i dont tell my mum anything about my life since she read my diary and made it completely obvious she did








so i dont tell her as it lets her into my life


then shel just be more nosy
because most teenagers parents are tw ats like mine ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment