Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What are some good Investing books to give to teenagers?

These are three I found on Amazon.com - any thoughts?:


The Teenage Investor by Timothy Olsen -


- The Motley Fool Investment Guide for Teens


-- Complete Idiot's Guide to Money for Teens - by Susan ShelleyWhat are some good Investing books to give to teenagers?
I do not have any experience with those. But a book you might consider is ';Rich Dad, Poor Dad';. Robert Kiyosaki, about $11.00 on Amazon.What are some good Investing books to give to teenagers?
I would say the Peter Lynch's books. Start with One Up on Wall Street. It is a good book. Easy to read. Offers lots of examples. And it makes investing looks easy. It is about buying stocks that you know. It shatters the myth that investing is a rocket science and everyone can be good at it given enough work.
';Buy a Star from Jenab6';


';Real Estate in Heaven, an Investor's Guide to the Afterlife,'; by Jenab6


';How to Solicit Autographs from Prominent Demons,'; by Jenab6


';Writing Little Books and Selling them for Huge Profits,'; by Jenab6
All those books sound great but as a teenager I would have only finished a book that was a bit less dry.





Maybe your kids are better than me but I'd recommend a novel which happened to also have a financial theme. Yeah, I know you're going to say ';like what'; ...





';Reminiscences of a Stock Operator'; is great by Edwin Lefevre despite the fact that it is 70 years old or something. Sort of like The Great Gatsby on steroids - a really enjoyable and funny read. Not as good but still enjoyable maybe ';Liar's Poker'; by Michael Lewis. I'd also be interested in what other people come up with in that vein that I haven't read if you're allowed to answer a question with another question. (-:
Muncie named an excellent book, ';Rich Dad, Poor Dad';





Also, I like How to make money in stocks by William O'Niell or Mastering the Trade by John Carter





On general life stuff, Secrets of the Millionaire Mind is great too.





Some awesome places to start. Congrats on helping someone start young!
I'm a teen and a good book that I recomend is The Richest Man in Babylon. I has the overview of saving and investing, yet not the specifics on modern trading.


$7 at amazon. Definately a good buy.


http://www.amazon.com/Richest-Man-Babylo鈥?/a>
The two you found were good. Also grab this one, it's cheap and an awesome read: The Best Stocks You Can Buy 2007. John Slatter. It's updated yearly and the first chapter is all about how to invest and diversification. I got it for about $8 at Amazon.





Good Luck Friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment